Competency demonstration report (CDR) is written by migrant engineers applying to Engineers Australia. They have to write three career episode reports (CERs) under it.
Through CDR writing, you need to demonstrate:
- How you have applied your engineering knowledge and skills?
- That your application meets the competency standards of the relevant occupational category in Australia.
What makes a CDR?
CDR is a package consisting of the following documents:
- The application forms downloaded from Engineers Australia (EA) website
- Declaration page required to be signed by the applicant, also available at EA website
- Three career episodes describing the knowledge and experience of the applicant
- Listing of continuous professional development (CPD)
- Summary statements from the applicant
- IELTS Results
- Academic documents which should be certified by official translation agencies.
Presentation of CDR:
It is very important how you present your CDR. There are certain guidelines while writing a CDR. Let’s take a look at what they are:
- Your CDR has to be printed in A4 paper, in English (of course)
- The writing style should be narrative
- You should use first person singular in your writing while describing your career episodes
- You should focus on specific contribution you have made in your field, and describe in your words
- While writing your career episodes, you also mention the date above the writing.
Each year, Engineers Australia (EA) website publishes a new set of requirements for migrant engineers. You can find those current requirements of coming years under the section of ‘Skilled Migration to Australia’.
CDR writing can be tedious and time-consuming endeavor; it requires many skills. So you can opt for CDR writing services. You also check CDR engineers Australia sample to get a better idea. These CDR engineers Australia samples are available on CDR writing service websites.