Business management assignment writing is a significant part of business courses. It is one of the proven ways to examine the capabilities and learned skills of students. In some cases, this general assessment contributes a colossal part in the grading system. So take measures before writing it.
Here are the steps for writing a business management assignment,
- Select an appropriate business topic or issue
- Collect information/evidence related to the context of the topic or issue from the range of provided sources. You can go beyond those sources if required.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of business concepts to explain and analysis the key features of the topic or issue.
- Analyze the business data/information to answer the research question created by you related to the business topic/issue.
- Write a well-formatted business report that clearly communicates findings.
These are some criteria on which you will be assessed. If you are unsure while composing a case study, you need to refer to a business management assignment sample displayed on various resources. This independent project is marked by sections. Here is a sample mark distribution that UK universities usually follow:
Note: If the assessment consists of 30 marks, this is how mark distribution looks like:
- Background Information = 4 marks
- Research Methods and Sources = 6 marks
- Analysis and Interpretation = 12 marks
- Conclusion = 5 marks
- Collating and Reporting = 3 marks
The assessor mainly supports you to choose the topic for writing a case study. In case you are delegated the job to select topics/subject, here are few suggestions that you may want to refer.
Examples of business topics
- Human Resources
Examples of an area to focus
- Marketing – The pricing tactics of (Name of the organization)
- Human Resources – Recruitment and Selection of (Name of the organization)
- Finance – Sources of finance for expansion of (Organization name)
- Operations – Production methods used by (Organization name)
You can refer to many online resources for topic suggestions.